Good health cannot exist independently from a strong immune system. This complex system is under attack from germs & viruses like the Coronavirus.
Weakened immune systems are susceptible not only to colds, flu and infections, but also to more serious health conditions. Various factors can negatively impact immune health such as alcohol, sugar consumption, lack of sleep and a nutrient poor diet.
Keep your Immune System Healthy
Here are a few simple tips to help you keep your Immune system healthy.
- Control Stress
- Follow a Healthy Diet
- Get Enough Sleep
- Exercise Regularly
- Avoid Alcohol
- Quit Smoking
- Keep Chronic Conditions Under Control
Fortunately, nature has provided a wide array of agents which support immune health.
The content and suggestions below are purely informational and therefore not intended to replace medical advice. Talk to your doctor about complementary and alternative treatments might be suitable for you.
Natural Supplements to help keep your Immune System Healthy
1.) Solgar Ester-C Plus 1000mg
Ester-C Vitamin C 1000 mg is a high strength formula, delivering all the health benefits of this premium, patented form of vitamin C, in a convenient one-a day capsule. It offers a gentler, more easily digested form of vitamin C which is pH neutral and non-acidic. The metabolites of Ester-C have a positive effect on the levels of vitamin C retention in the body’s immune cells, giving you superior immune support. Solgar’s Ester-C is an exclusive formulation with additional natural plant bioflavonoids, that naturally accompany vitamin C in fruits and vegetables.
Vitamin C contributes to:
- Normal function of the immune system
- Normal collagen formation for the normal function of bones, teeth and cartilage
- Normal collagen formation for the normal function of skin
- Protection of cells from oxidative stress
- Normal functioning of the nervous system
- Reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- Increased iron absorption
2.) Solgar Vitamin D3 10ug
- Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin that is required to promote calcium absorption, which helps to maintain healthy bones and teeth.
- Vitamin D also supports a healthy immune system and may support neuromuscular health.
- The Vitamin D3 in this product is the same form produced by the body when our skin is exposed to sunlight.
- This formulation offers Vitamin D3 in convenient, easy to swallow vegetable capsules.
3.) Solgar Zinc Picolinate 22mg
Solgar ® Zinc Picolinate 22 mg provides premium quality zinc in a highly absorbable form. A key nutrient, zinc is an essential trace mineral and is vital for many functions in the body. It promotes healthy skin, hair and nails and exerts antioxidant activity, which helps fight free radicals. Free radicals are unstable molecules that can damage the cells in your body and are associated with premature aging and certain health issues.
Zinc also contributes to a healthy immune system and has properties that are useful for energy support, fertility and male health.
4.) Solgar Astragalus Root Extract
- Rich in polysaccharides, flavonoids, multiple trace minerals, and amino acids.
- Research suggests that astragalus may reduce the incidence and shorten the duration of the common cold.
- Astragalus has been shown to stimulate immune system cells (B and T-cell)
5.) Solgar Homocysteine Modulators
- Combination of B Group Vitamins and Trimethylglycine which support the proper metabolism of homocysteine in the body
- High homocysteine levels are linked to high cholesterol and inflammation.